most of you know how to use facebook on mobile for free and also its quite old but as for couple of weeks few of my friends are complaining that they are not been able to access facebook on their mobile for free I thought to write one article on how do you access facebook for free.
If you guys have seen the ad displaying on a right side of your home page which contains a link printed on it and it says you can use facebook on your mobile for free, just you need to enter this link in your mobile browser to access free facebook but it’s not just link you need to enter to use free facebook. You also need to do few settings before entering that link.
It’s quite easy you just need to do few settings by yourself if it’s not been set in your mobile by default. In few handsets these settings are set by default.
Settings for Your Handsets
Since my childhood I am using Nokia handsets and as I am not a genius person I don’t have knowledge of any other handset settings. So if you’re using any Nokia handsets follow these settings to use facebook on mobile for free.
1) Open menu of your phone>settings>connectivity>destination (Remember you need set your internet settings so find internet settings according to your phone).
2) If WAP settings are not in your phone then click on option>create new access point and fill all details.
3) Connection name – Airtel Live! , Data bearer – Packet Data , Access point name – airtelfun.com , username – leave it blank , Prompt password – No , Password – Leave it blank , Authentication – Normal , Homepage – http://live.airtelworld.com/ , Use access point – After confirmation.
4) Now click on option>advance settings and follow this, Network type – Ipv4 , Phone IP address – Automatic , DNS address – Automatic , Proxy server address – 220.127.116.11 , Proxy port number – 8080
5) Save all, open your mobile browser and type http://0.facebook.com/ > ok/go and select ‘WAP’ to access that website, remember you are not selecting ‘Internet’ or you will be charged to access free facebook link.
At the time of accessing free facebook link you will only be asked for selection (WAP) of your access point if by default WAP settings are set in your phone otherwise it will asked by the name you set at the time of creating your access point.
Note – Facebook on mobile for free is available for only three network providers, Airtel, Reliance, and Videocon. If you’re using any other network provider then these services is not for you or change your operator while retaining the same number and you’re not allowed to view photos.
If you still find problem in creating your phone access point then do let us know by commenting on this article.