How to solve most common problems in computer/laptops ?
1. Task Manager Disabled:
If you are working on Windows XP pro, following steps will help u to enable Task Manager
SOLUTION 1: Click Start –> Run Enter gpedit.msc in the Open box and click OK In the Group Policy settings window, select User Configuration Select Administrative Templates Select System Select Ctrl+Alt+Delete options Select Remove Task Manager Double-click the Remove Task Manager option Disable that option
SOLUTION 2: Click on Start >> Run and in the Open box type:
Solution 1: That’s a virus named as ravmon.exe and autorun.inf Scan first with a good antivirus [Nod32 Recommanded] then try this trick.
First show the hidden files and folders options then try this method
1. Go to Start–>run and type cmd then click ok
2. If u want to remove the infected file from c drive then type C: in command prompt and press enter
3. Type autorun.inf and press enter autorun.inf file is opened
4. Now type “attrib autorun.inf -s -h -r” and press enter
5. Now delete the file by typing “del autorun.inf” and press enter
6.Now type autorun.inf and press enter now, u will find no infected autorun.inf file.
7. same way do for all other drives then restart ur pc
3. I accidentally deleted my “mspaint.exe”/”notepad.exe”/etc. file, how can I get it back?
You can use any of following methods:
A. Goto “%windir%System32DLLCache” folder and look for the file, if its there then copy it to “%windir%System32″ folder.
B. Insert your Windows Setup CD and goto “I386″ folder. Now look for the same file, it’ll present there but the last letter of extension will be “_”. e.g., u’ll get “mspaint.ex_”/”notepad.ex_”/etc. Now open Command Prompt and goto “I386″ folder and give following command:
expand mspaint.ex_ mspaint.exe expand notepad.ex_ notepad.exe etc.
Now u can copy the file to “%windir%System32″ folder.
C. Give following command in Command Prompt:
It’ll automatically restore the files.
4. When I right-click on Start button and select “Open”, a “Copy To” or “Move To” dialog box opens automatically.
Solution: Open regedit and goto: Code: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTAllFilesystemObjectsshellexContextMenuHandlers
Now under this key, delete following 2 keys: Copy To Move To
5. Windows is showing some wrong icons of files. How can I reset the corrupted icons? Solution:
You can use any of following methods:
A. Download TweakUI and then click on “Repair Icons” in “Repair” section.
B. Open My Computer and goto: C:Documents and SettingsUser_NameLocal SettingsApplication Data
Replace C: with your system drive and “user_Name” with your username. Now there’ll be a HIDDEN file “iconcache.db”, delete it and restart your system.
6. A strange process “ctfmon.exe” always runs in background and if I click on “End Process” button, it restarts automatically.
Solution: Open Control Panel and goto Add/Remove Programs list. Now click on the Microsoft Office entry and then click on “Change” button. Now select “Add/Remove Features” and click on “Next”. Now expand “Office Shared Features” and click on “Alternative User Input” and then select “Not Available” and finally click on Update. It’ll permanently remove that ctfmon.exe and your problem will be solved.
7. My Windows Login Screen has changed to “Classic Logon Box”. I want the new Welcome Screen back.
Solution: Type “control userpasswords” in RUN dialog box or Open “User Accounts” in Control Panel. Then click on “Change the way Users log on and off”. Now check the option “Use Welcome Screen”. If you get following error:
Uninstall client services for netware.
Then Open “Network Connections” and open Properties of your Internet Connection. Now goto “Networking” tab and select “Client services on Netware” option and click on the”Uninstall” button.
8. Whenever I start my computer, Scandisk starts running even I proper shut down the PC last time.